Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Japanese Tea Garden

San Francisco is known to be a little bit of a progressive city, yet there is also a zen feeling to it. When I've had enough concrete and mini coopers, I am thankful for the parks around town. If you've never been to the Japanese Tea garden you should visit. It is one of the most charming gardens and makes you feel transported to another part of the planet for a while. Bits of Memoirs of a Geisha was filmed in its lush space, which is located in the Golden Gate Park. I have only been during the weekdays when the tourists are few but I can imagine it would be less zen and more circus otherwise. There are little trails to amble and creeks that calm with a melodious hum. I like to stop at the outdoor cafe for hot tea and cookies before I leave the serenity of its surroundings.

No comments: