Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Conservatory of Flowers

I just got back from a quick jaunt to San Diego for some R & R, but more on that later...
One of my favorite places to visit lives in the Golden Gate Park, the Conservatory of Flowers. I went recently with a friend and her lovely daughter. We found a lily pad that was larger than Maisie in one of the micro-climated rooms. It can hold a man of about three hundred pounds. I urge you to go seek out the Conservatory of Flowers when you need a reminder of deep heat, it can warm the soul and you to the bone. Aside from the wonder inside, the grounds are spectacular. When in bloom, stop by the gem of a garden of Dahlias that is politely hidden to the right of the conservatory. To me, dahlias are proof that there is a god out there. They are perfection in soil.

No comments: