Sunday, June 7, 2009

Tartine Bakery and the sky

I hope you had a beautiful weekend. I spent the weekend out doors for the most part. I would normally go to the Union Street festival and make my way through the crowds of happy people, but instead opted for a Mission trek. After seven years in the city, I finally sampled Tartine Bakery & Cafe. I have read the reviews and seen the endless lines and decided it was time. I didn't go for a sweet but tried a decadent slice of quiche with Swiss chard and squash. The crust was perfect, the texture lovely and eggs can be quite creepy for this texture conscious person at times. The quiche was satisfying but I must go back for a sweet next time or a croissant. Ok, it is true, I adore Tartine and can't wait to go back. Another thing that was delicious this weekend was the weather and the skyline.

No comments: